Niner Bike’s model RIP RDO with the 2-Star Sram NX Eagle running gear available for sale or as a rental in 2019 at Mt Hood Bicycle Shop
The new RIP takes its place as the king of the mountain and Niner’s most capable trail bike. A product of our [R]Evolution, the RIP renews our outlook on what a long travel trail bike can and should do. It’s the go-to for backcountry epics and big terrain when you need every arrow in the quiver.
Built with 150mm of remarkably versatile suspension on a lightweight frame, the RIP gives you all the traction, control and fun that used to be the domain of big, all mountain crushers, but without the extra pounds. Now you can enjoy more travel with less weight, and when you can have more for less?…well, you always say yes.
[R]Evolution geometry – Focusing first on the frame, the critical feature is the [R]Evolution geometry that we have tested, evaluated and carefully selected. The roomy cockpit has a comfortable reach for short stem lengths, giving you quick handling and plenty of maneuverability to go mobbing through rock gardens and barreling big berms. The steep seat angle gets you centered in the bike and pairs nicely with the short 439mm chain stay length for better pedaling efficiency than anyone deserves from a long legged trail bike. And of course the compact rear allows you to square off turns and play your way down the trail.
- Shock size:216 X 63mm – 150mm Travel
- Shock mounting hardware: Upper â€“ 36 x M8 and Lower – 22mm X M8
- Shock sag: 30% Which Will Move The O-Ring 18.9mm Down The Shaft)
- Seatpost size: 30.9
- Seat collar size: 34.9
- Front derailleur: N/A
- Headset: 1.125″ X 1.5″ Tapered Zero Stack Head Tube, 44mm Upper, 56mm Lower, Cane Creek Description: ZS44/28.6 ZS56/40
- Bearing specs: Sealed Cartridge Enduro Max Black Oxide Bearings – (10x) 26x17x5
- Rear wheel spacing: 148x12mm; Thru axle M12x1.75Px182L
- Bottle mount location descriptions: All Sizes Have One Bottle Mount Inside The Front Triangle
- Max tire size: Can Fit Up To A 29 X 2.6 Or 27.5 X 3.0 Tire (Tire Sizes Vary By Brand, Some Tires May Not Fit)
- Chainring configurations: Compatible With Standard 1X Systems
- 1x max chain ring size: 36T – Boost Chainring Recommended
- Q-Factor: 168mm
- Max fork travel: 170mm
- ISCG compatibility: ISCG05
- Max rotor size: Post Mount Disc Brake – 180mm Max Rotor Size
- Fork offset: Designed Around 51mm Offset
For more information on Niner Bikes visit www.ninerbikes.com.